Do you selfhost stuff? If so, what? If not, would you like to selfhost stuff, and what would you selfhost?

For those curious, you can see the specs of my dedicated server and most of the services I self-host here: https://burggit.moe/post/17737

• Nobu@burggit.moeM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Quite a few things. Awesomeselfhosted is a good resource to start for beginners.

• Pies@burggit.moe
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I plan on getting a NAS probably a QNAP TS-464 and moving Jellyfin, sonarr, etc from my PC to it. Also thinking of trying actualbudget and paperless-ngx when I get my NAS.

• Elyusi, Kei@burggit.moe
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Currently just email and Matrix.

If I can’t find a neutral instance that lets me browse both Burggit and the “correct” part of the Lemmyverse, I might try self-hosting an instance and hoping I fly under the defederation radar. But I:
    a. am lazy
    b. have a feeling that with Lemmy being so new, there’s a lot of config babysitting between frequent major releases, feeding back into (a) 🤣

Kudos to you all, by the way.

• SquishyPillow@burggit.moe
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I would like to host AI models for people to use, since I have the hardware and won’t always be using it for training. Its hard when you don’t have port-forwarding though :c

• poopoyjoe69weedlover420@burggit.moe
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

i selfhost a tf2008 server with bots in it its usually for my own use since tf2008 is kinda dead and vanilla bots dont work (bots significantly increase a games lifespan)

• Pink Bow@burggit.moe
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I used to until recently, but I switched to a cheaper ISP and now I’m behind CGNAT. Ended up moving my tiny website to a cloud server and setting up a VPN on it so I could at least access my machines from outside the house.

• Waffle@burggit.moe
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

A few things I host/hosted:

• TF2
    • Minecraft vinilla & modded
    • Whatever dedicated game server we want to play for a month or so.
    • Portainer (Running CLI commands instead feel easier to me)
    • TF2 trade/item donation bots
    • Plex
    • Octoprint server
    • Gitlab runner
    • A VPN Relay*

The VPN Relay was to bypass the connection limit on my VPN. It consists of a Gluetun container with a Wireguard container in the same network. Bonus is that whatever container I want under the VPN can just be dropped in that network.

Things I might run in the future:

• Gitlab instance
    • SentryIO instance

If I ever decide to buy a .moe domain:

• Url shortener
    • Img uploader
    • File uploader
    • Booru
    • Catgirl AI bot (why not)