Once we replace cars what do we do with all of them?

• feduser934@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think the transition away from cars will be slow enough that this wont be a problem. In the ideal situation, people will just stop replacing their broken down cars.

• kartonrealista@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

We already deal with it somehow. Scrap them for metal, recycle rubber and probably just throw away plastic, because plastic recycling is pretty crappy.

• feduser934@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I guess we’ll have to recycle what we can, and put the rest in a landfill. Just the same as what we do with run down cars today.

I guess recycling will be a bit harder because we will not be using the materials to make new cars.

• ConfidentLonely@lemmy.worldM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yeah that’s probably true, but we will need new stuff. More public transport like trains and so on. I would assume that we can recycle quite some stuff there.

Also a lot of other things need these resources and I am sure that at least a lot of the could be used to enhance the world further

• Corhen@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

In the end, the goal should never be “lets get rid of every single car”, but rather “lets shift from a Car-centric design, to a active transportation & healthy living-centric design”

• steakfries@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Fuck them obviously, I thought that was the point?

Serious answer tho: I have no idea honestly, we have made so many of them. Strip them for raw materials and re purpose it all?