I myself am 100ish hours into AC Odyssey on the Steam Deck, looking forward to getting stabby on some malakas!

• thedeserter@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve been playing Grim dawn for a while. Just finished getting to lvl 96 on a spellbinder. As much as I’d like to try Diablo 4, $70 is just too steep at the moment. Maybe when it goes on sale

• PanaX@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

GD fills that Diablo need pretty darn well. I enjoy it more than Diablo 1-3, at any rate.

• Chailles@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

And if the need comes, I’m pretty sure Grim Dawn has a mod that’s just Diablo 2 anyways.

• boerbiet@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Trying to finish my first full Darkest Dungeon run since starting in 2016. I never started the final DD level but completed everything else, but I feel I can’t start Darkest Dungeon II before completing the campaign in the first game.

That and probably some more Cities: Skylines 🙂

• CaptManiac@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I really really wanted to like Darkest Dungeon, but either I really suck at it or there’s just too much grinding for me. I’ve gone through about 30 in-game weeks and haven’t really gotten anywhere.

• boerbiet@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It is a big grind, yes. If that’s not your cup of tea I don’t think you’ll ever grow fond of it. There’s also alot of randomness that at times feels very unfair. But for some reason, it appeals to me 🙂.

Part two is not as long, or so I read, but you still have to grind to unlock characters and skills, apparently.

• Twaffle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I picked up Hi-Fi Rush on sale about a week ago, blew through it once, and am now working on a second play through/new game plus. Super fun game. After putting it down after playing for a while I still feel like I’m doing things to a beat for a bit.

• Sentenial@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I love rhythm games but not normally a fan of action arcade. Hi Fi rush is something special though and I think everyone should give it a chance.

• saigot@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I like hifi rush alot, its a real sleeper and i like the vibe. If you are looking for more I really recommend bullets per minute. It’s a roguelike rhythm shooter with a really baller soundtrack. It’s less forgiving than hifi rush but when you get in the zone it can be really rewarding.

• Prefix@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Tears Of the Kingdom! Fully went in expecting to be disappointed, but it just continues to blow me away the deeper I get into it. Truly incredible what they were able to pull off with such old hardware.

• mooseknee@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

My partner has been playing it and I’m shocked at what’s in that game. Really impressed as an onlooker

• Prefix@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s honestly outstanding. When I realized how much content was in this game compared to BOTW my jaw hit the floor! I’ve been a life long Zelda fan so it makes me so happy to see the franchise getting renewed love and excitement around it.

• Goronmon@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Lots of Diablo 4 this weekend if I can actually get some free time. We’ll see about that, but that’s been my main time sink lately.

• Mythic@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I love this game. So happy it made it to PC. I’m only about 10 hours in. The intro cutscene when Aloy jumps as a kid and lands as a young adult was such an epic moment. Enjoy your time playing that one. It’s so beautiful

• TheForvalaka@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

No Man’s Sky has kind of been my go-to since it was released. Of course I’ll sit down and get into lots of other games, but if I’m playing nothing in particular - NMS.

• toy_boat_toy_boat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Just a heads-up about the new expedition… it’s bugged out at one of the steps in the last phase right now, and you can’t progress to complete the expedition yet. Looks to be a community-related task, but it’s not displaying progress properly.

• Deccarrin@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The price tag is such a burden for me but my wife and I really truly enjoyed d3 and the a lot of arpgs, grimdawn, torchlight etc. Is it genuinely worth £120 for two copies?

• ghashul@feddit.dk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’m happy I’m a patient gamer, I’ll definitely buy it, but will not pay full price. My partner and I are both gamers, so it’d be way too expensive for us to get it right away.

• YuzuDrink@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

My wife and I bought it and we don’t regret the purchase; but also we’re doing well enough this year that is not a huge burden for us. So B like… it’s worth it generally IMO, but if it’s a burden, I can’t say that any game is worth it.

• Pumpkin@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Really busy this weekend with non-gaming related things, but I’m hoping to get back into Splatoon.

• treierxyz@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Just bought The Talos Principle and I really like it. I will be playing the heck out of it for the rest of the weekend.

• wischi@lemmyrs.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’d really like to experience my first play-through again. Really awesome game.

• fouc@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Surprisingly good! Didn’t expect the story to unfold that way from what’s essentially a puzzle game

• jmsw22@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m enjoying Far Cry 6 atm - I know people have (valid) qualms with the Unsioft copy/paste fetch quest style, but sometimes it’s nice just to switch off and shoot bad guys. And I think the main storyline and voice acting is pretty good tbh.

• llii@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I recently finished it and liked it too. The setting was more of my taste than Far Cry 5. I just love the tropical Far Cry games.

• Seungyeon@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’m totally the opposite. I never much cared for tropical environments. I do like the Far Cry games, though. The gunplay feels good and the gameplay loop is enjoyable for a few dozen hours every couple of years. I think my biggest dislike of the series in general is the mystical hallucination bits that seem to always be present. Obviously the games aren’t realistic in general, but those moments always take me out of the game. I haven’t played 6 yet, so maybe they aren’t present.

• Katana314@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Even if many of Ubisoft’s quests are copy-paste, once in a while I come across one that has some neat thoughts in it, and it’s a shame a lot of people don’t find them. Games like TOTK have a much stronger balance, but that’s not easy.

• ghashul@feddit.dk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That is so much fun. Fallout 1 was one of those games that just blew my mind when it came out, and it’s still one of my favourites.

• setsneedtofeed@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I may have played it a time or two.

I enjoy the tone and tightness of the first game’s story much more. I enjoy the second game’s expanded mechanics and item variety. In terms of tone, really Fallout 2 really sets the course for the rest of the franchise. Fallout 1 ends up being this very strange outlier that never really got revisited by official games (there are some stand alone mods that capture it a lot more).