The officer was previously disciplined 4 times for other driving offenses, but killing someone - well - $35.50 oughta cover it.

• jerkface@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Okay but seriously consider the other suggestion as well. Don’t just distract yourself like this every time these problems come up. It’s important.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Distract myself? My guy, the world is burning, those with power are openly corrupt, we are literally just missing the seventh horn. I’m not running out in the streets ice picking people. I have people that rely on me. That doesn’t mean I’m not filled with rage every time I see another rich cuck whose leaned the entire system in his favor get exactly what he wants at the expense of us all for the 450th time.

• jerkface@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

You’re just doing it again. You’re looking for ways to justify and distract yourself from very unhealthy patterns of thought, even as they worm their way the very justifications and distractions you employ. Listen to what people are telling you.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

I’m never going to be okay with our society setup how it is. So that people in power are allowed to leach from whoever with impunity. Simply because they can. Thats fucked up. I will never accept it. There is no healthy thought pattern that comes to acceptance with that reality. The wretched accept a bleak tomorrow.