• ampersandrew@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t think they forgot, but to get the throughput that Sony has takes a lot of studios…that they’re trying to buy right now. I’m not a fan of it, but it’s too hard for someone else to enter the console space, so I don’t see another way for that gap to close.

• thoro@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

They have and had studios. They just put all their funding into milking franchises that peaked in the 360 generation.

Sony didn’t gain the lead because of quantity. It was through quality and good variety, starting at the end of the PS3 lifecycle that carried into the last generation.

Microsoft should improve their ability developing quality games. Their last showcase showed maybe they have some coming.

• Steve@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I have to agree with the other comment… it’s not a quantity thing. Sony’s first party games have just been a far higher quality than Microsoft’s for a while. I can’t think of many Must Have Xbox games, but all the big exclusive games Sony releases are top of the chart must have games.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

You can’t think of any must have Xbox games because they all come out on PC right away and PlayStation arbitrarily holds them for a few years.

• Steve@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Eh, I don’t think so. I don’t play PC games so they weren’t on my mind, and I wouldn’t consider PCs games in the console wars discussion anyway. Could be wrong but could you give some examples of major must have Xbox exclusives?

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Halo, Gears, Sea of Thieves, and Forza are all big deals. For me, personally, Hi-Fi Rush is one of the greatest action games ever made.