**Edit 4: As you can see, we’re finally on version 0.18.0. Due to the ARM64 architechture, I indeed had to jump through some hoops. Lemmy’s documentation is absolutely worthless, as well. I guess it’s been written by someone who didn’t even test if the steps they describe actually work.

But well, here we are. Some images are not visible right now. Need to check out what’s going on here.**

Edit 3: I kinda regret getting an ARM server for Lemmy now. Reverted my changes and went back to 0.17.3 for now. I’ll either wait for an official 0.18.0 ARM64 image or switch to a server on AMD64 basis.

Edit 2: Now fiddling with the system. Please expect a couple outages over the next hour or two.

Edit: This is going to be delayed, because I suffered a hefty migraine attack today and am still very groggy now after it subsided. I’m sorry, I’ll most likely do this later tonight or on Monday.

Hello everyone,

as Lemmy version 0.18.0 was released today, I’m planning to upgrade this instance to it tomorrow during the day.

⚠️ An outage is to be expected on Saturday at around 17:00 (5:00 pm) UTC+2 and may last from a couple minutes at best to an hour at worst. Hopefully. Fingers crossed. 🤞

📱 If you’re using the Jerboa Android application to access FOSSware, we recommend to NOT update it to the latest version until the server has been sucessfully upgraded to Lemmy 0.18.0, as the latest version of Jerboa dropped support for Lemmy 0.17.x.

❤️ I wish you all a great weekend!

Further Technical Explaination

This Lemmy instance runs within a Docker container on an arm64v8 host.

Usually, Docker images are provided by the Lemmy developers for amd64 and arm64, but an issue seems to prevent the arm64 Docker images from being created since Lemmy version 0.17.4. This is also the reason why this instance is still running version 0.17.3.

I’m going to take some time and build this thing myself in order to upgrade this instance, which might take some blood sacrifices, sweat and might also have me to jump through some hoops on fire and whatnot.