cross-posted from: https://lemmy.blahaj.zone/post/2496457

I’m working on a daemon & collection of other tools and configs to bring better support for 2-in-1 convertible tablets/laptops to Wayland/wlroots compositors!

This is a preview of how it works on my Lenovo Miix 320-10icr, though I want to extend support to as many devices as possible in the future!

code

Right now the only other supported device is the Google Caroline (“Samsung Chromebook Pro”) though I’m looking to support as many devices as possible! Right now, I’m working on better hardware detection to make it work out of the box on more devices.
If you have one of such devices, feel free to get in touch, my contact info is on my website: yukijoou.kemonomimi.gay, I’d be more than happy to help you make your device work with this tool!

Notable features right now:

• Working screen rotation using iio sensors
  • Keyboard/basestation detection using libusb and specific pid/vids
  • Hooks that run on docking/undocking, so you can write your own shell scripts to do fancy things
  • A fcitx add-on that adds hooks on input field focus/unfocus to bring full on-screen keyboard support with IME to Wayland (probably the most useful part of this project, may be nice to have on Linux mobile distros if you’re into that sorta things!)