For those who have pre-ordered it is already here, the rest have to wait a little longer. Starfield is finally here! Have you bought it, why or why not? If you’ve already played it, what do you think of it? We are very curious!

Discuss all things Starfield below!

• ngwoo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Lemmy overall has somehow managed to become an even more negative place to post than Reddit

• ShakeThatYam@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Reddit has toxic positivity with regards to Starfield. I find the comments I’ve read here so far to be a much more measured take. Basically that it’s a good game but it has a few minor issues that make it not live up to what was advertised.

• Default_Defect@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

More so this. The things I saw people saying they were gonna do once they got the game despite nothing of the sort being implied to be in the game were out of control. I’ve played the dog shit out of Skyrim and Fallout 4 and have yet to be let down by Starfield because I knew what to expect. And yes, I watched all of the ads and read the interviews, same as most, and never once felt lied to.

• alertsleeper@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

so if I don’t like the game I should just avoid commenting because it isn’t positive? I prefer to see everyone’s take thanks

• Ado@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I agree and it sucks. At least on Reddit you could generally avoid pointlessly negative people, whereas here it feels like that’s the majority of comments. I hope it changes into actual conversations at some point

• SkyeStarfall@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Uh, so you shouldn’t criticize games here…?

I prefer people giving their honest opinions to whatever they think the collective deems acceptable.