He climbs to the top of the glass, spreads himself out, and floats around upside-down on the surface. A tetra bumped him, and he curled up and sank to the bottom, so he definitely wasn’t stuck up there. The second he hit the substrate he went right back to the glass and did it again.

Why? Whats his deal? We have a handful of assassins and none of the other ones are doing this. He only does it when the light is on.

Pic from above.

• Zoidsberg@lemmy.caOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Is he just tanning in the sunlight? How do I tell him not to damage his skin to meet society’s standards of beauty

• Death_Equity@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Maybe it discovered floating detritus or food and now lazily floats about munching instead of being a gravel and glass sucking cavesnail?

• Zoidsberg@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Well hes SUPPOSED to be eating the ramshorn snails. Not very good at it, though.

• Death_Equity@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I’m not going to say he is trying his best, but he is living his best life and I think that should be enough for anybody.

• Zoidsberg@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Thanks! I’ve got one of those “natural sunlight” lights with multicoloured LEDs. The plants love it and it looks awesome. Also it apparently hypnotizes snails