Everyone has something they can’t stop themselves from nerding out over - but often it’s hard to find people to talk to about it. So go ahead, share your interests, and tell us about them!

• SendMePhotos@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Right, I think the core issue is that most people (a LOT) use spanking as an immediate, “no!” which leads to many beatings, excessiveness, and more than likely, actual physical abuse.

The people I’ve met where their parents were responsible with it are great dudes. The people I’ve met who were simply… Beaten and battered, do not live successful lives for the most part.

My opinion, is that it can be effective if used responsibly and within reason.

Most comments I get are along the lines of, “ha have fun asking why your son doesn’t talk to you in the future.” what they don’t see is that we’re best friends and my kid is an adult and is “punishing us” by threatening to live at home longer every time we ask him to clean up the basement. He’s responsible af, has a good savings, bought a new car, works full time, etc. I don’t understand the issue when everything has turned out amazing. Yes, I spanked my kid. I did not hit him with any object, throw him, punch him, throw things at him, etc.

It’s difficult to accept the other perspective of gentle parenting when most of those kids I meet are total selfish assholes. Even more so when I compare to the level of responsibility, competency, and integrity that my son has compared to other people his age. Like I said in another post, I must be a backwards ass statistical anomaly or something. Either that, or I did it right. If not, I did something right.