An FBI whistleblower named Johnathan Buma has alleged that Rudy Giuliani may have been compromised by Russian intelligence during his work for Trump’s 2020 campaign. Buma claims the FBI investigated Giuliani’s relationship with a Ukrainian oligarch Pavel Fuks, who was assessed to be an asset of Russian intelligence. Giuliani reportedly received $300,000 from Fuks for legal work. Buma’s investigation found that Giuliani consorted with several Ukrainians who were later sanctioned by the U.S. as spreading Russian disinformation, including Andriy Derkach. However, some within the FBI allegedly blocked further investigation. Giuliani also attempted to produce an anti-Biden propaganda film with sources connected to Russian disinformation campaigns, though it was ultimately unsuccessful.

• Jeredin@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Desire for money and/or being black mailed goes a long way to compromising a seemingly easy retirement. So many people involved didn’t need to risk so much, but being blinded by money makes it easy to compromise someone. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure some of them were simply brainwashed into believing their nonsense but at the higher levels I’m pretty confident money and blackmail plays a large part.

• watson387@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Exactly. They thought they’d be laughing their way to the bank by now but they were too stupid to pull it off.

• blazera@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

This was probably the most fucked up dropped trump crime, we have emails of the trump campaign talking with people they knew were Russian agents offering them incriminating info on Hillary and the campaign happily agreeing to a meeting to discuss it.

Oh this is about the 2020 campaign. Yeah theyve all been working for Russias benefit for a while.

• potpie@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Dude was compromised by Borat. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on a street corner holding a cardboard sign that says, “will do treason for Scotch.”