Feminists say misandry is not real. I searched on Google to see if there are any articles about misandry. According to scholars, misandry is definitely real.

I read an article today about misandry. It’s on scholar.google.com for free. Here is the abstract:

No published science paper demonstrates misogyny exists. Data on both implicit and explicit gender attitudes shows males substantially favouring females – philogyny – or, at worst, gender neutrality. This is hidden by elision with the wider notion of sexism; but there’s no evidence for hostile
sexism, and hypothesised benevolent sexism is fatally flawed in operational definition. The mode whereby sexism supposedly causes harm – stereotyping (stereotype threat) – has been debunked; likewise inter-
sexual dominance, removing any theoretical basis. Possible male harm by control is belied in women being found the controlling party. Misogyny / sexism in being defined circularly is unfalsifiable, therefore non-scientific conceptualisation: ideology itself actually hostile sexism (misandry, which is shown to be real but unseen).

Moxon, S. P. “Misogyny has no scientific basis of any kind: the evidence is of philogyny–and misandry.” New Male Studies 7.2 (2018): 26-42.

I don’t totally agree with this article. I think there might be a few individuals who are misogynists. However, I don’t think there is any systemic misogyny like feminists claim. The misogynists are probably very few and lack any real power to influence society.

A few weeks ago, I took this test. I was accused of misogyny, so I wanted to see if I am a misogynist. I scored a 0 on hostile sexism and very low on benevolent sexism. The items from this test are mentioned in the article too. It is a flawed test.

• Pizzafeet@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Yeah, that’s why they’ve latched on to toxic masculinity, that way they can say that discrimination faced by men is actually misogyny and continue saying misandry doesn’t exist.

• bela@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Feminists say misandry is not real.

None of the core ideas of feminism say any such thing. Whether, as you put it, a few individuals say this, is irrelevant.

Feminism recognizes that the patriarchy hurts women just as much as men. In the same vein, whether a stereotype puts women as lesser or elevates them as goddesses, it only serves to hurt everyone.

• hotpotato138@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Whether, as you put it, a few individuals say this, is irrelevant.

Lots of feminists say this.

Feminism recognizes that the patriarchy hurts women just as much as men.

We live in an oligarchy, not a patriarchy.

• bela@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Lots of feminists say this.

source? I’ve never heard anyone say this. I’ve also not noticed this tendency otherwise. If there is a survey of self-proclaimed feminists answering questions about misandry, please link it.

We live in an oligarchy, not a patriarchy.

The oligarchy itself is patriarchal. Just count the number of female world leaders.

• hotpotato138@kbin.socialOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

source?

Just search for them on social media. They aren’t hard to find. Go to feminist spaces.

The oligarchy itself is patriarchal. Just count the number of female world leaders.

If we live in a patriarchy, it’s a very gynocentric patriarchy. There are lots of programs to help women. No one is stopping women from being leaders.