Looking forward to the Reddit blackout. Hopefully a bunch of new instances pop up and gain traction

• user
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

deleted by creator

• Leigh@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Agreed. This is depressing as hell. Apollo is a joy to use. There are so many niche communities on Reddit that I enjoy, and even if Lemmy or other federated things like it take off, those communities are largely going to die. This is a tragedy, no matter how you look at it. We are losing.

• UrLogicFails@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I also agree, that it is extraordinarily sad to say goodbye to my top used app (RiF); but I would say even sadder still is Reddit’s decisions proving how little they value their user base.

I, myself, was likely not a high value user; but the way Reddit is treating its mod teams who have spent countless hours performing a relatively thankless job for free, is simply egregious.

• Leigh@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Makes you wonder how many absolutely awesome things that society has lost, or would otherwise have, if capitalism and greed hadn’t absolutely fucking ruined things. It’s tragic that we can’t have nice things just because they’re nice, someone has to make a buck in order for a thing to exist.