• Rukmer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I got them a lot in the beginning, and less now 6.5 years later. I’m not a fully lucid dreamer but I have some awareness. I’m always so relieved when I see my dad again. In the beginning it was both happy and stressful, especially before we knew his cause of death (took months and months to get the report) and I felt like I had to warn him about everything. I hope to be aware enough of a dream to interact with him more deliberately one time.

• pwnieb0y@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Ya, it took me a few years after he died before I realized I could somewhat affect my dreams. After rereading what I wrote, I’m kinda wondering if me telling him he was dead was actually more for me, in accepting that he was actually dead.

When it comes to lucid dreaming, I am by no means an expert. In my own dreams I can mostly just realize that I’m dreaming, which comes in handy when it comes to bailing out of nightmares, or extending dreams that I’m enjoying. I’ve definitely lost a step with age, I feel like I used to have more control.