• Vuraniute@thelemmy.club
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

they say they still do, but I’ve used BD, Powercord, Replugged, Vencord+Armcord and Aliucord on the same account without being banned

• miss_brainfart@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Wow, that’s annoying. My account got banned two days after I started using another client.

They never actually told me why I was banned, but the funny part about being banned on Discord is that they simply deny you access to your account.
        The account still existed, all the chats were still there, I just couldn’t login anymore.

So I went GPDR yada yada and told them to delete it. Though you can be sure they don’t honor that and keep a copy of everything, because no court seems to care that LeGitiMatE InTEreSt has no legal basis whatsoever.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            10 months ago

It does. But I heard my little cozy server pretty much died without me being part of it, so what was even the point of making it in the first place.

Discord was high on my list of invasive services to dump anyway, so they did me a favour, really.

• Vuraniute@thelemmy.club
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

Good for you. Me and my friends are trying to use element more, but we usually tell each other “hop on element” through discord.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                10 months ago

The only actual friend I did more with than just smalltalk I don’t care for is now also on Signal, so I genuinely don’t need Discord anymore.

Most of these peeps have my Steam, so if they ever want to play something they can reach me there I guess.