• xyzzy@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Speculation seems to be lower raw capability than the PS5 but built to use DLSS via their relationship with Nvidia.

• Dubious_Fart@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

You know… I never never thought to ask this before, but… Why did they go with nvidia on the switch?

They had a long history with ATI/AMD providing graphics for their hardware before the switch. Isnt the Switch the only game console to be powered by nvidia?

• Dizzy Devil Ducky@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I doubt it’ll be anything more than Switch with mildly better hardware. Especially if they are still going down the route of portable hardware.

In other words, until it comes out and the people who know how to properly test the hardware get their hands on it and publish their results, I’ll keep doubting the power of it.

• boredtortoise@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Not going to run native or dynamic res 4k60, but I’ll gladly take some Nvidia upscaled thing. HDR, VRR better not be forgotten

• randomaside@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I think Nintendo is missing an opportunity here if they name the console Switch2. The name they should choose is obvious.

It should be called the Super Nintendo Switch or “Super Switch” for short. It’s a golden opportunity here. I want a SNX!

Microsoft never made an xbox2, Nintendo traditionally also doesn’t number their consoles. The name is important. I just personally really just think bringing back the SUPER name is long over due and this is the time to do it.

Also, make the dock look like an SNES so when I dock it, it’s like I’m putting a cartridge into the console. Nonstop Nostalgia rush.

Rant over

• 4am@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

This person shouldn’t be believed, without proof. There has been no public announcement, or even rumors I’ve seen, about what SoC could be used.