• TalesFromTheKitchen@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I’ve to admit, I’m a sparkling water guy (I carbonate my tap water). Then again I’m German and as I just read we seem to be a bit ‘special’ in that regard.

• JohnDClay@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I was surprised you need to specify for tap water at restaurants, otherwise they’ll assume you want carbonated

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

That’s interesting. My grandfather was German and they always had a soda siphon in the house ready in the fridge. They didn’t drink alcohol much other than wine, so it wasn’t for that. That makes a lot more sense now.

• Jimbabwe@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Sparkling water is awesome. The real reason to skip this guy’s booth is because bottled water is gross. Especially if it’s been baking in the sun like this all day. Mmm plastic.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Dude, practically all I drink is unsweetened fruit flavored sparkling water. So good. Essence of fruit without any sugar or sweetener.

• Roboticide@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Same. I like carbonation and so the options are soda (bad for you) or beer (bad for you). And I enjoy both but I don’t want to drink them every day.

I originally didn’t like sparkling water, then I found flavors I liked and realized it’s a great, zero-calorie alternative to any other beverage for dinner.

• dustyData@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Make sure to drink plenty of plain water though. Carbonated water can make enamel brittle, specially if it’s citrus flavored, as it will be more acidic. I really don’t understand the North Americans (and other affluent cultures) fixation with sparkling water. But I come from a culture that used to be addicted to malta. So whatever floats your boat.

• Mr_Buscemi@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I’ve become addicted to the limoncello or coconut flavored la Croix.

I have no idea why people are so against sparkling water.

• socsa@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Children don’t like bitter acid water.

Personally I’m just pissed everyone stopped making caffeinated seltzer for some reason.

• frogfruit@discuss.online
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Weird. All the kids in my family love it. They always ask for “pop water” when they come over. Also Target still sells caffeinated seltzer.

• yata@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I agree. I love sparkling water, but flat sparkling water is just vile and completely different from water which was never carbonated.

• dustyData@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Carbonation changes the taste of water, the carbon dioxide will take long to completely leave the water, and stale carbonated water tastes awful.