With Twitter and Reddit the way that they are, many people are turning to federated servers as their online home, kbin among them.

How are you using kbin? As a Twitter replacement? Reddit? As something new entirely?

Personally I’m trying to follow multiple types of federated content, magazines, and people.

I think kbin has a lot of growth to go through before all that content can become streamlined and look nice - but it’s all there, and that’s what counts.

If there’s one thing I would change, it would be putting the comment box at the top, or in a drop-down instead of at the very bottom of a thread. But, I’m also just happy that the site is more stable and people are posting!

• 0x1C3B00DA@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Kbin, like Reddit, is more about following topics and conversations rather than people.

This may be true for you, but it’s not an objectively true fact. If that’s how you wanna use it, that’s cool, but from the start, kbin has allowed finding and following ppl. You can use kbin just like any other microblogging service if you want.

Right now, it’s threadiverse features are more easily available than its microblogging features, but I think kbin could be an awesome combination of both sides of the fediverse without sacrificing features or usability.