• aeternum@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

you know, I’ve got 2K movies on my jellyfin server, along with about 6K episodes. it takes me FOREVER to find something. Endless entertainment, and i still can’t find shit to watch.

• all-knight-party@kbin.cafe
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I use a program called The Hat in which you can add text entries to a list and then randomize their order. When I want to play a game, for instance, I’ll throw in 3-5 that I’d be okay with playing, and then let fate decide.

As long as you don’t allow yourself to veto the randomization and second guess, I’d say that method works pretty well. If I only have two choices sometimes I flip a coin

• CeruleanRuin@lemmings.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I do this, only I allow myself to veto the random result ONLY if it’s to substitute something I’d rather watch. Occasionally, rolling the dice on a list is a pretty good way to force my mind to pick a favorite and settle on actually watching it.

• Notnotmike@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Plex has a random button for movies and TV so often my friends/family and I will play a game I like to call the random game.

Everyone gets 1 veto, and any movie can be skipped by majority vote. Just keep hitting the random button until something sticks. Eventually you’ll hit a movie to watch, and it’s never failed to be a good time.

Bonus game is try to guess the movie first - unfortunately I usually win because I put the movies on there so I know the approximate list of options.