I don’t have it, and I’m just curious. Do you have to have the imbuments on your skill bar in order for them to apply to rain of arrows, or do you just have to have points in them?

• Vlyn@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Neither. It uses all imbuements on your ultimate, that’s it. No requirements.

Though if you don’t have any extra imbuement damage it won’t be that strong. The long cooldown isn’t great either.

Not sure if a single of the imbuements gets stronger if you have points in it, but it’s probable.

Anyway, I’ve found that amulet half a dozen times, it’s the unique that drops the most for rogue. You’ll probably get one soon.

• ObamaBinLaden@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

And when you do, I don’t even know what you’ll do with it other than to sell it. Using a skill point on rain of arrows feels like such a downgrade for rogues.

• scarabic@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

What ultimate do you use?

I’m using Rain of Arrows with Word of Hakan and liking it. It clears a large area and knocks down elites so you can finish them off. Resetting cooldowns is also nice. If you time things right you can get 3 imbuemwnts in a row.

My build relies primarily on two inbuemwnts so +3 to all imbuement skills is great.

• Vlyn@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

I mean it was fun to try out. And there seems to be a way to build around it (with a lot of cooldown reduction). But there’s more fun builds around.

When I played Rogue in S0 Death Trap was awesome with Twisting Blades and poison traps, get lucky and the ultimate rather quickly reset itself.

• ObamaBinLaden@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Usually, none. Rogue has so many damage related passives and aoe damage that having one with long cooldown feels unnecessary. Shadow imbuement into twisting blades, or barrage, or rapid fire, or traps all do so much AoE at such little cooldown that rain of arrows feels almost always pointless. Especially so with word of Hakan when you could have CDR or damage or passive ranks on your amulet. The only unique you really are looking for is the penitent greaves.