• seducingcamel@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Damn blast from the past, my friend would come over in like 5th grade when we discovered Minecraft and we’d just take turns playing it

• PeWu@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Oh man, the memories this comment summoned in me. My friend who launched Minecraft complained that it was crashing (insufficient RAM error) and didn’t fix it, despite my tips. Good old days :)

• duncesplayed@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I remember having group discussions as to whether to keep going in the Alta Vista search whenever we searched for something.

“Okay let’s stop at page 10”

“Nah, just a couple pages more. There might be something new.”

“Like half of these links are about Polish vintage cars already. We’ve seen every Princess Toad site.”

“Just go to page 11…”

• G59@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This actually happened lol. One computer in the house, everyone had to wait their turn.

• ghashul@feddit.dk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’d visit my friend from school and we’d play Diablo in his basement for hours. I guess I’m a normal amount of years old too!

• IggyTheSmidge@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I had a friend who moved from the US to the UK when she was about 10. We’d sit at her mum’s computer and play ‘Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?’, looking up the various clues in the Cyclopaedia on the bookshelf.

• avail@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I would move my computer to the living room so people weren’t in my bedroom 😅