Anyone tried this? Works perfectly for me. Any reason why I should go back to the OpenBoard fork with Swipe?

• Tiritibambix@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Jeez, I tried it before and just tried again now and I can not find the swipe to text option. I think I’m either blind or stupid. I hope I’m not both

• Tiritibambix@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Dude !! You made a video in order to help me ?! Thank you so much.

I don’t have the option for gesture typing though. I have this version installed:

• jjnjjlr@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

That’s bizarre. That’s the same version I have. The only thing I can think of is that your system language isn’t English and maybe it removes that option. ¯_ (ツ) _/¯ If that is the case it’s unfortunate that it doesn’t work for different languages.

You could try switching the system language to verify that that is what is happening. I have no idea what kind of effort it takes to add that feature for other languages but you could always ask the Dev.

• WhoRoger@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Maybe it doesn’t work for French? Or just the gui option isn’t exposed for French, idk… Try switching Android language to English, see what happens.

• WhoRoger@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Are you sure you have the fork with gesture typing support? They’re both called OpenBoard with no external distinction.