LVIV, Ukraine (AP) – The small band of soldiers gather outside to share cigarettes and war stories, sometimes casually and sometimes with a degree of

• tim_0475@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

What exactly is the statement you are talking about? The title? I read it as “there haven’t been this many amputees in a country since ww1 and this is what they are going through”

• Sharkwellington@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

Title of this post: Upward of 20,000 Ukrainian amputees face trauma on a scale unseen since WWI

The title of your article: The Murder of People with Disabilities - The Nazis saw people with disabilities as an obstacle in their attempts to create an idealized “German race.” In 1939, the Nazi regime began a systematic program to murder them.

What is the statement?

Is your problem with the fact that they say “since WWI”? Your “wink wink, nudge nudge, get what I mean” explanation makes no sense lol. Just say what you mean, nobody knows what the heck you’re talking about.

• wtvr@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            10 months ago

Ok ok hear me out. I spent way too much time trying to figure out wtf that guy was talking about. I’m like 80% sure he/she was taking issue with the word “trauma” in the title. And then trying to say that disabled people had worse trauma in nazi Germany

• slice1@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

I get it… Comments below seem to play stupid in bad-faith (or just completly ignorant). It is ridicoulous to compare the “scale of trauma since ww1” with the current (relatively small) war in Ukraine. During ww2 people with disabilities were purged - how is that trauma less then what this title is alluding to?

• tim_0475@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Ok, I guess the title is easy to misunderstand but I still don’t think it’s the blatantly untrue statement you think it is. Maybe they intentionally wrote the title in a way that is easy to misunderstand to make you read the article and that would be misleading, but if you read it, you will understand that they are talking about something very specific when they say trauma on an unseen scale since ww1 and not claiming it’s the worst thing ever since ww1.

• slice1@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

It is blatently untrue and exagerated propaganda. Of course all human suffering is bad - however, it is also not a competition of who has more trauma. This is a shit article with a shit title and it should be flagged as misinformation/propaganda.

• Mindlight@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

It seems that you think something can’t be bad if there’s something else that’s worse.

You bringing up things that doesn’t even share a similar context is either plain stupid or very deliberate.

I’m voting for the latter.

By the way… You do agree that the Russian aggression against Ukraine is caused by Russia attacking Ukraine and that Russia have a deliberate strategy of killing civilians in Ukraine, right?