I had a feeling they’ll put something like this, so I went in every now and then to see how infinity will react. I really loved the app, devs did an amazing job

• Renacles@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I was an Infinity user but I can’t help but feel this is the wrong move. After all Reddit has done to them they just set up a way to siphon miney straight to them for the devs’ hard work?

Why?

• averagedrunk@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Infinity is open source. You can change the key and user agent (and one more field, but it escapes me at the moment), compile your own APK, and continue using it for free.

• Alkider@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Will it work without the reddit API though? Maybe if there’s a way to scrape the site but idk how everything else could be handled.

• averagedrunk@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Where did you see that? He said he’s charging for it and would not tell anyone how to change things to get past reddit, but that there’s a guide already out there that will walk people through the changes that need to be made.

I’d be interested in seeing where he said he’s no longer providing source code updates.