I stopped using it around when the blackouts started, now it’s gone. Is there a way to get them to delete all my data after having my account deleted or did I have to do that before deleting my account

• Jcb2016@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I deleted my account on the second day of the blackout. I didn’t care about any of it because it wasn’t personal. mostly good crosspost that got me to the front page 5x in 6 years lol. oh well

• abff08f4813c@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

One interesting thing I discovered is that you can’t truly delete link posts on reddit. The link can’t be changed and stays, all deleting the post does is that your username off of it (shows up instead as “[deleted]”).

There are a couple different post types, like image posts. I only ever made text and link posts (and then it was mostly text posts).

I guess that’s okay, once the username is gone for that not-so-deleted link post, then it’s just a random link shared by some unknown random person. No personal identifying information revealed.

Unless it’s a link to like your blog bio or something like that. But then I guess the PII is on your blog rather than reddit and you can always delete it from there, so still no problem.

Unless the PII is encoded in the link itself - like someone makes a link post to http://example.com/john-smith-44-west-land-ave-london-uk-the-tardis-age-1-billion-call–07700-900461 or something.

But I’m sure that never happens. Certainly no GDPR issues from this.

• abff08f4813c@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

While you can script deletion of linked posts, I actually did this manually from old dot reddit dot com and got the behaviour I described above. (Link preserved, just my username off of it.)