• Tartufo@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

At least when it comes to simple things like petting random animals and certain teapot furniture. Maybe also with wishes for what character should get a costume (ranking costumes-less ones higher for variety and to give less liked characters a chance eventually) they should.

I played an MMO before and saw how the community went ahead to ask and ruin it by demanding more and more p2w all on their own… Not that it wouldn’t have come eventually, the community feedback just sped it up considerably. So it definitely can have downsides.

• hypertown@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I’m sure they can’t do everything people say but some basic things are just neglected. People are asking for those for years and they ignored it… only in Genshin… Many things like: better resin system, better crafting system, collect and dispatch again button in expeditions menu, and more… All of those are in HSR. Honestly I could give up on petting dogs if those were implemented. I’ve also noticed that there is huge gap in budget for world design and NPCs. While world keeps on getting more and more amazing NPCs are as bad as always. I understand some random NPC #6632 you don’t interact with but the ones that play important role in story quests need to be just a little more polished. Not just a same guy but now with a beard

• Tartufo@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I didn’t mean to imply that the community doesn’t have some good points when it comes to requests. Just that there sometimes are popular suggestions that end up hurting everyone in the long run.

With sidequests the thing that honestly bugs me the most is that they’re not voiced. I actually wouldn’t even mind if they had the same idk 5 people voice all of them. The NPC recycling doesn’t bother me at all because that’s what irl looks like to me anyways: same faces everywhere. Screw face-blindness.

• hypertown@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

I get it. It’s just that I haven’t really see any bad takes on what should be added or changed in game so I kinda generalized everything as community requests. I’m sure hoyoverse has their own direction set and they should keep it but I really really hope some quality of life changes will make to the game. As for voice acting I believe it’s slightly justified. As VA lines cannot be compressed as well as textures or code it could take another 20-50GB of space considering some side guests are 6h+ worth of dialogue. That being said I wish there was an option to download additional voices. I have extra space on my PC and I’m sure many people do. Right now I just assume that story is not important if they didn’t bother voice it. Also, why traveler can’t speak? They hired top tier VA just to make her speak a few attacks and like 3 short sentences. (Not counting story in character menu but I would rather her speak in the story) Face blindness seems really horrible but heh, at least you can play story quest now /s Though I’m sure you noticed lack of details in NPC models. Stand alongside any NPC in game and see how much more details your character has. Not saying NPC should have the same level of details but currently the difference is so great it’s just appalling.