link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

In what fuckin universe does that even make sense. How dull does the mind have to be to justify this? I couldn’t chop an arm off of someone I hate, let alone a kid. Let alone all the other insert word to describe this horror.

• xeddyx@lemmy.nz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

I’m not too familiar with India’s politics, but what does the BJP have to do with this incident? And how will changing parties solve these issues - is there any political party in India that’s actually good and not corrupt? I heard corruption is pretty common across all of the government sector, regardless of the party in power?

• ruford1976@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

Everything. They incite violence using the fragility of our enviornment. They fund terrorists like RSS and VHP to supress minorities and make the environment more patriarchal according to hindu scriptures. some parties are corrupt but BJP is the most corrupt and it is trying to increase it more because more corruption = more hindu extreamism = more votes.

• InvertedParallax@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

Congress is corrupt, but they’re just corrupt, they don’t care about much beyond self-enrichment.

The BJP is MAGA on crack with 500x as much religious zealotry pitched in.

Muslim genocide isn’t that outrageous to them, there were several instances where they rallied to butcher Muslims in the past.

• Carlos Solís@communities.azkware.net
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

And to make things worse, the religious conflicts are also political conflicts, because of the Muslim-majority parts of India eventually splitting into Pakistan and later Bangladesh. As a result, nationalist Indians want all Muslims to be deported to either of those places, as they consider them fundamentally incompatible with the national faith and culture, which for them are one thing and the same.

• InvertedParallax@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              10 months ago

Let’s be honest, they want them deported “for now”.

Later it’ll turn back into needing those lands back for “Greater Bharat(India)!!”.

Ultranationalists are never original.

• SnipingNinja@slrpnk.net
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Yep, both sides-ing is a terrible argument, and it becomes clear when you see the difference in these things. Capitalism is terrible, capitalism boosted by bigotry is a whole another evil

• punseye@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

wtf has this got to with the ruling party?! you think rapes will stop happening if your favorite party came to power?!

• ax1900kr@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Some cultures are literal garbage but the thought of it makes you go into seizure so keep asking dumb questions

• positiveWHAT@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Some cultural elements are garbage, like those focusing on honor to the degree of honor killings.
        But what culture is pushing gang rape?

• bobman@unilem.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

The fact you’re confused shows us how innocent you are to the world around you.

• Illecors@lemmy.cafe
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago
        • I’m not confused. I’m horrified. There’s nothing unclear about this article. You seem to have trouble with text comprehension.
        • Luckily, the world around me is not filled with such filth. I can afford to be mortified.
        • bobman@unilem.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

In what fuckin universe does that even make sense.

I’m not confused.

You seem to have trouble with text comprehension.

Okay.