• MarxusMaximus [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

They kinda explain the party member bit.

spoilers for BG3 and kotor, kinda.

It’s partly explained by Wyll in that he mentions he was incredibly powerful before the Nautiloid. I guess getting a monster fetus drilled into your brain is bad for it.

And they added Dark Urge to give the pc a storyline to discover. It’s clear that the Dark Urge storyline was developed alongside the rest of the game, almost like it was supposed to be the default story. I guess they didn’t want to do a Darth Revan so they made it a separate option.

I hope I didn’t spoil things for you, I’m guessing from your description you haven’t fully finished the game yet?

• barrbaric [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Not finished, no, I think I’m either at the start of Act 2 or the end of Act 1?

spoiler

Just killed the Inquisitor and stole the Blood of Lathander.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

You’re fairly early in act 2, yeah. I personally thought the companion stories were really well written but it’s maybe a little annoying that how certain things play out change depending on who is currently in your party.

slight spoiler about the part you just completed

All the interactions at the creche are obviously very different depending on whether or not you have Lae’zel in the party.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago
          spoiler

Re: Lae’zel, I figured as much. She’s is on the bench because I didn’t get her until I’d finished Act 1, but I would have left her behind for the creche anyway due to conflict of interests. I assume she’d betray me after the lich queen told the entire creche to go aggro.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago
              spoiler

That’s a fair assumption to make considering just how many times the game make the party want to kill eachother.

0 so far comfy-cool (except for the time I killed Asterion but then went back to an earlier save because he is the only rogue)

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago
        spoiler

I would love to see more stories in the game, whether they’re official or community made. I feel like Larian went for too much fanservice in some points, though,

super duper spoilers for end of the game

Like how the emperor is revealed to be Balduran. There was no real need for that. We’re already saving the world, not everone and everything has to be the most important thing or person in the world.