Hypothetically speaking, if your death would save the life of one or more complete strangers that you know nothing about, how many people would need to be saved (if any) in order for you to give up your own life?

EDIT: Your death would be painless and instantaneous.

• zacher_glachl@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Is every second person on this fucking website suicidal? I guess the “lemmings” checks out.

As for me, it would have to be a number of people that, by their sudden absence, manifestly affects the life of people I do know and care about. Like, at least a billion or so if randomly chosen

edit: and that means possibly fewer if not random and more focused on my geographical location. If 100 mio die on my continent alone then the rest is still pretty screwed.

• Kerfuffle@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

As for me, it would have to be a number of people that, by their sudden absence, manifestly affects the life of people I do know and care about. Like, at least a billion or so if randomly chosen

If they ask someone else, you’d better hope that other person doesn’t think like you - for your sake and the sake of people you care about.