Hope this an appropriate post - I just want to understand subscribing through the app. I tried !(community here) in the search bar but nothing happened?

• UprisingVoltage@feddit.it
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Good question! I’d like to know the answer too. So far I’ve mostly used the desktop browser version to join communities.

For now, I reach the communities through other users’s profile history. Let’s hope there is a better way we’re missing

• Tiff@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

When you are ok the community you want to subscribe to, there should be a big subscribe button on the top.

But if you are trying to subscribe to communities which are not federated against them you’ll need to currently do what the others say, find the community via web and then it will show up under All.

• hakase@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m logged in on my phone’s browser, so when I find a community I want to sub to, I just copy paste the link into my browser and do it that way. It’s cumbersome, but it works until the feature gets added.

• gronapa@lemmy.fmhy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Alright makes sense, thanks. Having trouble getting the nature of communities and instances down even after messing with mastodon a little before.