So I was thinking of making an all druid party. Full moon, land, and spore druids, and perhaps a land/life cleric hybrid for a bit extra heals. I think this should cover all party role bases minus some niceties of certain spells or bonuses on certain skills. Every character would be able to shapeshift which could be neat.

Not sure if I will use the game NPCs for companions or just have hirelings to keep the dialogue neutral and less drama among characters. Would be my 5th campaign. I haven’t finished my first campaign yet (about halfway done). I flip between my solo good, solo evil (Dark Urge), co-op good, and co-op evil. I just like messing around witt variety of characters, companions, and compositions.

Clearly, this would be for a fun, rp run. Just wanted to share my thoughts and was hoping to hear your thoughts.

• Seeker of Carcosa@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Sounds good. With the abundance of potions, any composition is viable. I’m currently part of a monk co-op, two short stacks and me as the githyanki skill guy.

• pyrflie@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

It would be pretty easy to do even with companions.

MC: Tempest Cleric 2/Land Druid 10 - Build for Lightning Damage with all the Reverberation Equipment

Shadowheart: Nature Cleric 12 - Heavy Armor Spirit Guardians Tank with Vine Whip, Warcaster, and Sentinel

Jahera: Spores Druid 6/Open Hand Monk 6 - Necrotic/Poison Tavern Brawler DPR

Halsin: Moon Druid 10/Monk or Fighter 2 - Wild Shape Fronliner

• pyrflie@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

No, but it’s super handy for setting up a control spell like Wall of Earth or Spike Growth, then Action Surge, Wildshape, and go to town.

The time I tried with Halsin that combo was good enough that I didn’t even miss 6th lvl spells.

• FoundTheVegan@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Ah okay, dang wildshape doesn’t work with a lot of stuff. My 11 moon Druid took a 1 level dip in wizard so she could do things like haste and other utility. I’ll agree that level 6 spells s no huge leap, but the heroes feast buff is nice.

• pyrflie@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Shadowheart has Hero’s Feast covered in the comp above, so no worries there.

I actually missed the 6th lvl spell slot more than the spells as the upcast Conjure Elemental for the Myrmidons is really nice, but the MC build above has that covered.