Admittedly, I don’t know much about Brexit, but from what I have been exposed to, it seems like a decisively economical and political impairment that made travel and business with the rest of Europe more difficult and costly. Since it is so highly criticized as a terrible move, why doesn’t the UK just rejoin the EU?

• Dontfearthereaper123@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I doubt u could reunify without mass deportation or genocide of half the population I think the best option is becoming our own country and joining the ru before reuniting. Sure no ones happy at first but it’s the only way to keep the peace.

• Wodge@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

The Ulster Unionists have basically given up on doing anything as a protest against the Tories back in Westminster, who have basically screwed them over to get their majority. Meanwhile, Sinn Fein have stopped their protest and started working again, and there does seem to be an appetite for a referendum on reunification. It’ll cause some people to lose their minds over it, but Eire has been the good guy on that side of the Irish Sea, and Westminster have all but abandoned them with the Northern Ireland Protocol. Whether Westminster allows such a referendum is another thing, if it does happen, it’ll be after Scotland get theirs, and hopefully along with Wales, they’ll get their say in the matter.