Seriously this is a lot of fun. It is absolutely a Bethesda game through and through. Not sure what people were expecting. I’m glad it’s not like No Man’s Sky because that game bored the shit out of me almost immediately.

Thoughts?

• breadsmasher@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I love No Mans Sky, and still play it regularly today.

I am also really enjoying Starfield - I am glad they are different games as I wouldn’t want what would amount to playing the same game, slightly differently skinned.

Overall, really enjoying it. I have seen complaints that basically amount to “its another bethesda experience” which isn’t necessarily wrong, but I do enjoy their games in general.

I am approximately 15 hours into the game

• Cold_Brew_Enema@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I wish I could get into NMS. Yeah the seamless planet to space transition is cool, but I found the game pointless. I haven’t played in awhile maybe it’s better now.

• Toasteh@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I just wish they would put out an update to the core gameplay loop. There’s all these interesting things to do but I can’t get to that point because collecting resources seems never ending and its incredibly boring. The gunplay is absolutely atrocious as well.

• HeyJoe@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Yeah I always find that comment weird. I love Bethesda games so it’s not terrible that they still follow the same format and in this case the polish was nicer than normal.

It’s like saying hey look at this new Tarantino or Wes Anderson movie coming out, ugh I am so tired of them doing the same thing every movie.