Seriously this is a lot of fun. It is absolutely a Bethesda game through and through. Not sure what people were expecting. I’m glad it’s not like No Man’s Sky because that game bored the shit out of me almost immediately.

Thoughts?

• guriinii@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Absolutely loving it. Constantly getting sidetracked, missions, helping folk, I’ve even been enjoying surveying planets. Although I will definitely need the skills to make that quicker an easier.

No Man’s Sky was the biggest disappointment I’ve ever experienced as a gamer. Mining to build something to refine something you mined to make a part you need to mine something to fuel. So boring.

• finestnothing@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I really like the current state of nms, they’ve added a ton of content and patches since launch 7 years ago, but it’s not for everyone since there isn’t any one direction or goal. There is a central storyline, and every few months there’s an expedition which is like side mini-storylines to introduce new content and get cosmetics, but besides that you’re pretty much left to explore the galaxies as you please