If you haven’t already, consider subscribing to each of these communities:

(I’m intentionally leaving off the one on the tankie instance)

I recommend that we try to consolidate our activity to just one of the above. When posting, pick whichever community seems the most lively. Hopefully this way a clear winner will emerge and continue to grow.

• cacheson@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Grouping communities is being discussed on kbin’s issue tracker, and probably lemmy’s as well. It’s not a super simple feature though, and I wouldn’t count on it being implemented soon. In the meantime, it would be nice if we could have one successful bitcoin community. There aren’t really enough of us that we can afford fragmentation right now.

• cacheson@kbin.socialOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

There already are centralized bitcoin platforms like /r/bitcoin and bitcointalk for people who are looking for something like that.

The point is to have a non-dead bitcoin community in the threadiverse. People that are content with reddit and bitcointalk will stay on those platforms. If we focus on raising the profile of one of the threadi bitcoin communities, it’s more likely to gain attention and new members than if we divide our activity over 5 or more. You don’t have to do it that way, it’s just my recommendation.

It’s also somewhat disappointing that you didn’t even make this post on all communities you listed, it’s like you already picked the winners and don’t offer everybody the same information to make a choice.

I did, but two of the posts didn’t federate properly:

This happened with one of my comments to programming.dev recently too. I’ll file a bug report about it soon.

• cacheson@kbin.socialOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Yeah, and I’m trying to build one.

Alright, cool. To be clear, I have nothing against this community being the one that prevails. I just want to accelerate the discovery process.

Thanks for clarifying, and sorry for the misunderstanding!

No worries. :)