I don’t know if this is a problem with the app, a problem with Lemmy in general, or if I’m just doing something to fuck things up which is most likely.

Quite often, I’ll make a comment on Lemmy somewhere, and then the next time I go to make a comment, the text from my previous comment is already in the box and I have to delete it all to begin anew. Sometimes I get like an error message about it, sometimes I don’t, sometimes it doesn’t happen at all. It’s a little unpredictable.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue, or if I’m doing something to cause it?

Edit: I added a pic of the error message. Interestingly, the error indicates that the app quit while I was typing, but that’s never the actual case. I post and comment just fine, with no app failures. I just get this message the next time I open Voyager.

• Dandroid@dandroid.app
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I haven’t seen an entire comment that I’ve submitted, but I have had weird things like one single letter is in the box the next time I go to leave a comment. It could easily be me not deleting everything, though.

• fer0n@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Same. It would also be nice to save text as a draft when closing the new comment/post view

• FelipeFelop@discuss.online
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I think this was designed so that if you leave the text entry (and eg. The OS shuts down the app ) then the text is preserved.

But it seems to save some of it most times. It’s a bit annoying.