• hiajen@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Obtainium ist a packetmanager pulling updates/new versions from the source (i.e. some form of git)

And the three apps are Lemmy/kbin clients (under heavy development) where some are not available at more conventional packagemanagers like F-Droid.

• mustbe3to20signs@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Thank you! Didn’t know about Obtanium and kept track of updates with “Change Detector” from F-Droid which caused daily false alerts. Within minutes I’m now able to conveniently keep track of six apps (including 3 Lemmy clients 😅)

• AcidOctopus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What’s everyone’s preference at the moment?

I’ve been using Jerboa since I migrated and it’s been great.

Installed Liftoff today, but it seems less polished at the moment, though admittedly I’ve not yet had a chance to dive into the features properly.

Haven’t yet touched thunder.

• samsy@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago
      1. Jerboa is the oldest and I am familiar with it. It has the most features actually.

2. Liftoff feels really nice. Amoled-Dark-mode. But has some federation issues. You can’t like or comment stuff on other instances, but it is viewable.

3. Thunder, another type of UI. Looks good, got new features in the last update. Has some trouble showing images sometimes.

That’s my experience. Actually I watch thunder growing, use liftoff for scrolling and interact/write on jerboa.

• boopdepop@lemmy.fmhy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Jerboa feels kinda sluggish during scrolling, thunder feels snappier. I am currently using thunder for all my needs.

• dlove67@vlemmy.net
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

What kind of phone are you using? On my note 20+ ultra whatever the fuck, I haven’t noticed any slowdown issues.

Though I am using the google play version, and there was a problem prior to this most recent update where at least one link would crash the app (haven’t seen it anywhere else yet).

• mustbe3to20signs@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Had the same problem with Liftoff. It let you view other instances timeline. Switching to my instance’s timeline resolved this problem for me.

• SeatBeeSate@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I like liftoff but jerboa is the only one with font accessibility settings. Need a magnifying glass for some stuff on others.

Also jerboa has collapsible comments, others do not. Liftoff let’s me use multiple instances at once, others do not. Thundar feels like RiF but not the same features yet.

• ShakaWhenRedditFell@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

So far I like Thunder best because it has the swipe left right functionality for comments.

You swipe comment left to upvote, far left to downvote and right to comment or I think favourite it.

Slide and Dank/Dawn had functionality like that and I quite missed it.

• holoyolo@partizle.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I just downloaded Obtainium but I’m noticing an issue. Maybe you can help me? For Thunder, because it’s using an unconventional version naming system, Obtainium isn’t detecting that my version wasn’t actually the latest. Mine was 0.2.1+6 but 0.2.1+7 was out, and Obtanium said that I’m on 0.2.1+7.