If you have it installed on iPhone, thats fair, i have it, to promote lemmy, but please just turn “allow tracking” of in settings, so they cant make money from the data thet collect, also background refresh, because I’m pretty sure that also allows them to get a bit of data from you

• relative_iterator@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Last time I used the official reddit app it was awful. I’m trying not to go on reddit too much but once Apollo is gone, I definitely won’t be using it on my phone.

• Slashzero@hakbox.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I turned that off, as well as show online status, years ago.

You should disable tracking everywhere you can. Opt-out of personalized ads. Enable the do not track feature.

• Sterben@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I still have Infinity, it is a good app for Android, but I also use Apollo on my iPad.

When API changes accure, I will quit Reddit completely.

Lemmy is good so far, it needs help to popolate, I am using “Jerboa for Lemmy”, and I am trying out “Connect for Lemmy”.

I heard Lemmy can have Reddit API as Proxy, so old 3th app for reddit can be modified easily to become Lemmy client.

• 2Xtreme21@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m still really sad about Apollo going away. It’s still on my home screen and I can’t break out of the muscle memory to opening the app. I will not under any circumstances use the official app going forward and will really try to move completely over to Lemmy. Just trying to figure out which app to replace Apollo’s position with (so far Mlem looks like the best contender).

• SomeoneElse@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, I’ve been testing both and Memmy is vastly superior to Mlem. The developer is putting out updates lightening fast too. I’m interested in trying out Artemis but that’s invite only testing rn.

• Lerret@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Check out wefwef.app. It’s web app for lemmy styled a lot like Apollo and it’s a pretty exciting project

• Oliper202020@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I accually used the official app, i think it looks decent, like its not horrible, and i never even knew before all this that there were other apps, i left mostly because they chose to not listen to its users

• KilgoreTheTrout@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

To the extent I still have to use it I use red reader or Firefox nightly with an extension that automatically switches it too old Reddit.

I was using Infinity for Reddit but it’s going to become paid after July 1st. Trying to detox Reddit not invest in a page third party API.

• dvdnet90@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Official Reddit with revanced patch is bearable. But, the quality is still lacklustre compared to other 3rd party apps.