Hi!

This community has been abandoned by the creator. So in order to keep this community open we need new moderators.

As a moderator it is your job to make sure the users follow the Lemmy World instance rules which can be found here: https://lemmy.world/legal

Ideally we would like different moderators from different timezones.

If you’re interested please contact @antik@lemmy.world or send an email to info@lemmy.world

Thanks!

• Schwim Dandy@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I wonder if the abandonment occurred around the time that image uploads were disabled, old images wiped and instance was often down. That’s about the time I realized it was basically impossible to moderate and contribute to a community I created on the instance. I now handle mod duties from another instance, one that is usually accessible and allows image uploads.

• Antik 👾@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Image uploads are not disabled. There was an issue that was resolved. And if you look at the moderator for this community you see that they have been inactive for about 2 months, long before any of that.

• Doug Holland@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

I’m still unable to upload images, and images uploaded before the issue yield only error messages.

• pinkdrunkenelephants@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

User login is broken, especially on a regular computer and I had to finagle with the site just to be able to login on mobile.

Ergo there are many reasons why the original mod is not here, and abandonment isn’t necessarily one of them

• Eheran@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

When a creator abandons his community, how can anyone else take over? Could the creator “come back” later?

• Antik 👾@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

No, not just like that. It would be up to the new moderator team should the original mod come back. But it’s been two months, small chance.

• Eheran@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

So how does the original creator loses his powers and how do others take it? Can that mechanism be abused?

• Antik 👾@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Moderators have guidelines and they have a job to do, if they don’t so their job they get removed because we can not leave communities unmoderated. I think in the case of this community it is pretty clear that they are not around.

So it’s either close the community or find new mods. We prefer to look for new mods first.

• MycoPete@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Apparently you lose your power for no known reason. You can have your account banned and removed from mods without any notice. Welcome to Lemmy.world.