The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is finally smooth on PC using Nintendo Switch emulators during both gameplay and cut-scenes.

• RxBrad@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Just for curiosity’s sake. I too am curious what hoops I need to jump through for 1440p60hz.

• neonfire@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I mean, it’s a couple of files you drop in a folder. Sorry if that seems like a lot of work for you to play a game at better quality than the machine it was made for.

• neonfire@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              1 year ago

Framing it as hoops you have to jump through compares it to hard work, or some feat you have to accomplish and fully ignoring the actual work folks put into the emulation software, and the mods themselves. It’s disrespectful to the devs.

• RxBrad@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

It’s a simple question. Do you get better framerates out of the box, or do you need to hunt down mods? That’s it.

I don’t understand why it warrants hostility.

• neonfire@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Out of the box it’ll perform as well as the switch it’s emulating. No, it’s won’t perform better than the system it’s emulating OOTB as that’s not the goal. You can get better performance than the system it emulates by copying some simple files to a folder, but that seems to be too much work for you as those would be hoops you have to jump through, as if this is some sort of bureaucracy you have to fight through.

If you just wanted to know how to do it, you can ask without being disrespectful to those who put the time into making it possible for you.

• Harlan_Cloverseed@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

In fact, with the tutorials provided, this has been one of the easier emulation inertial experiences. No question it’s a better experience than on my switch. Perhaps Easy is relative?

• neonfire@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I mean, it was easy for me too, but the other commenter was complaining about having to jump through hoops as if they are the ones writing the code. It set me off as it’s disrespectful af to the devs of the main project, and the mods.

It’s hard to tell what easy means for a lot of folks. I assumed that someone asking for it to be easy couldn’t spend a few mins checking google to see what was involved.