• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Users are starting to see pop-ups about new terms that go into effect on September 29th, and one adjustment is two instances of “retweet” (the only use of “tweet” in the current terms) to “repost,” essentially putting the final stamp in the death of the word tweet.

There are a bunch of other branding changes in the new terms, including a nearly wholesale removal of the word “Twitter” in favor of X. I say nearly wholesale because, hilariously, many of the URLs included in the terms still seemingly have to include the word “twitter,” like in this link to a developer-focused website: https://developer.x.com/en/docs/twitter-for-websites.

There have been some hints that X wants to fully switch over to URLs starring X, but it seems Twitter will hang around in some capacity.

References to Periscope, Twitter’s live streaming app it shut down in 2021, have been removed as well.

Another change moves language about misusing Twitter’s services to a new section, and updates it in a pointed ban against scraping, something that X owner Elon Musk really doesn’t like.

X is also planning to put a new privacy policy into place on September 29th.

The original article contains 323 words, the summary contains 191 words. Saved 41%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!