Be it book, film or any other medium, share your favorite works of the genre (and why it’s your favorite!)

• khi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I finished reading Neuromancer a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I’m thinking of picking the second volume in a few weeks as i’ve heard it’s even better. Any opinions on that? Also i am open to CP books recommendations as it is a genre i love in modern media!! I also obviously love both blade runner movies, always go to see them when the theater does a screening. And absolutely fell in love with the videogame CP2077 despite the drama surrounding it, i think its the second game ever i ever got to 100% completion!! Very generic answer i know but i would love to dig deeper if anyone has any suggestion!!

• polychrome9@lemmy.villa-straylight.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

For some reason I never read Count Zero, but I really enjoyed the third one, Mona Lisa Overdrive. It certainly seemed as good as Neuromancer to me, and had a nice plot and a good group of really cool diverse characters.

Nothing against all the many many Cyperpunk works that came later, but this seminal trilogy is a great way to get introduced to the genre. I really like William Gibson’s writing style, although he is no technical master of the written word…he just writes with a very cool vibe, and I like the way he describes things, and slowly reveals a books plot over time.