maybe try Horimiya. It is high school setting but very funny to watch

• frogman [he/him]@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

thanks for the recommendation, i’ve actually seen horimiya. for anyone else reading, it’s worth watching. give it a go

• som@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Next week more of Horimiya episodes are coming out. Not like a season 2 but more of what they skipped in season 1. Just the fun stuff. I think it’s called Horimiya pieces

• Spoony@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This seasons ‘Skip and Loafer’ on Crunchyroll is excellent! It’s not purely romance but that is a big part of it. It’s high school aged characters but not written for a high school audience, the nuanced writing and excellent handling of various issues make it stand out as much more mature than many of it’s counterparts.

Also from this season, Insomniacs After School on HiDive is very touching relationship growth between two realistic and likeable characters, though the animation and writing quality aren’t quite as good as Skip and Loafer.

• frogman [he/him]@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

skip and loafer JUST ended airing so im looking forward to watching that. i’ll also try insomniacs after school after, but skip and loafer is definitely coming first :p

• leif@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Thank you for recommendations! Science Fell in Love looks amazing 😌