• DavidGarcia@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

if we train an AI model on the writings of all the famous schizophrenic writers/videographers, perhaps we can uncover some deeper truths of the universe that only they can see

• Holyhandgrenade@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I feel like if you’re obsessed with conspiracy theories there’s a good chance you’re racist as well

• trashgirlfriend@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

It’s just that obsession with a plot combined with the general racist/bigoted environment makes all kinds of bigotry very attractive.

• dvdv@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Depends, if you’re the type who sees some harmless fun in them such as ‘Birds aren’t real’ then it’s great. If you’re the type to read that and take it seriously while sharing it with everyone you know as a fact… you might have multiple issues.

• MushuChupacabra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I believe that he went on to have a supporting role in the first Iron Man movie (replaced by Don Cheadle in subsequent MCU releases).

• eyes@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Terrance Howard? The time cube guy is Otis Eugene “Gene” Ray and I’m pretty sure he would have been 80 at the time. Plus he’s white.

• Skua@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

It’s a reference to Howard’s “Terryology” system of logic. The following quote is him justifying his belief that 1 times 1 equals 2:

“How can it equal one? If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what’s the square root of two? Should be one, but we’re told it’s two, and that cannot be.”

I’m sure you can see the similarity in the prose

• eyes@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Hadn’t heard of that, he’s definitely being weird and wrong, but its not as schizophrenic as time cube.

• Subverb@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I just thought that was the most approachable question. The rest of it is weirder.