• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Amazon and eBay have removed a super-hot tortilla chip linked to the death of an American teenager from sale.

Amazon said it would remove the product from its sites in the US, Britain, Europe, the Middle East and Africa after BBC Newsbeat contacted the firm.

Snack-maker Paqui claims that the single tortilla, sold in a coffin-shaped box, contains a blend of “the hottest peppers available”.

It’s thought the popularity of the challenge has inspired lots of teenagers to purchase the product, which carries a warning label, to try it for themselves.

In a further statement sent to Newsbeat, a Paqui spokesperson said: "We are deeply saddened by the death of Harris Wolobah and express our condolences to the family.

In the UK, safety and hygiene regulator the Food Standards Agency (FSA), told Newsbeat it’s working to find out where the product is sold.

The original article contains 492 words, the summary contains 143 words. Saved 71%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• paddirn@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

My son had actually wanted me to get this months ago to try it, I refused because I refused to pay that much for a single chip. My stinginess may have saved his life.