I want to hear what you’ve done recently that you’re proud of.

• drexy_rexy@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

When I started back squatting my initial goal was bodyweight (225-ish) now I’m up to 265 for 3 sets of 5 and 225 is a warm up.

• stick2urgunz88@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I hit a 4 plate (405lbs/183kg) deadlift for 5 reps the other day. When I finished, a fellow gym bro dapped me up and said “nice job, you’re strong.” I wasn’t really looking for compliments, but it was definitely a great feeling!

• Shrubbery@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve stuck to my routine and diet for a month now, and had someone tell me that i looked healthy recently.

• fart@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

i’ve been biking back and forth from work every day for the past month! about 12 miles round trip

• Landi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I made going to the gym a habit. Went to the gym for 25 out of 30 days in june. And I need a new belt right now, since the old one wasnt helping keeping my pants up anymore.

• sacbuntchris@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Nice work! You’ve done the hard part. As for belts, I got tired of cheap fake leather ones getting destroyed every 6 months and bought a custom made real leather belt fit to my size. It’s lasted about 5 years now with another decade or two left in it. I’m a fan.

• Nerii@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The fact that I even started working out again after years. I’m keeping track of what I do every day. On day 3.

• devnull@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

>10k steps/day (on average) since half a year. Often up some hills around here. Had a few days “off” with sickness or injuries, but also other (e.g. hiking) days with multiples of that. Good for mental health, eyesight, and some (basic) conditioning.

Very good track record of going to the gym 3 times per week for a year. Few exceptions. Eating well. I can feel and see improvements, and apparently so can others. Likely in the best shape of my life so far, and let’s see where we can go. I once read male fitness tends to peak around 25-27, but I’m much better now than back then and not intending to stop improving for a while still.

• _pv@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I rowed 21k meters on my rowing machine this week, which is more than double my previous distance record. I’m new to rowing and having a lot of fun with it (and seeing some results, too!)

• 42Lights@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I started running again recently after having neglected exercise for nearly a year and worked up three miles without stopping to walk the other day.