Welcome to the RD thread!

This is a place for casual random chat and discussion.

A reminder for everyone to always follow the community rules and observe the Code of Conduct.

Mobile apps

Quick tips

Daily artwork

Reminders

• Report inappropriate comments and violators
  • Message the moderation team for any issues
  • monknonoke@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Parang mas nagiging scaredy cat ako over time. I’ve been reading The Exorcist (novel) and I find that I don’t want to continue reading it if: one, I know I’m alone at work and it’s midnight and two, I’m in the middle of reading a scary, eventful scene tapos inaantok na ako.

The thing is kailangan ko talaga tapusin yung scene otherwise feeling ko mapapaginipan ko yung very eventful scene because I’ll be wondering about how a certain chapter ended. Do I want to dream about possessed Reagan doing terrible things to herself? Nah. The last thing I wanna read about it how our Jesuit priest is preparing a lecture or having a normal conversation with another priest.

The same goes for horror movies 😔 ba’t kaya ganun na ako? Hindi naman ako sobrang takot, basta alam kong may human presence within the area I feel assured. I think this started nung talagang puro night shift na ako lol. I don’t feel so brave anymore 😆

• heliosef@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I can’t consume supernatural-themed horror flicks for the same reason.

Like you, hindi ako takot pag may kasama. I dread the moment na lingering yung scene sa isip ko and walang tao.

I don’t understand how you can do this to yourself given na night shift ka pa. I could never.