• LibertyLizard@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

My favorite is when the DM asks this about some seemingly innocuous action like “OK so you step on the tile then?” “So you pick up the goblet?” And then it’s like well I didn’t have any doubts until this exact moment.

• hoodatninja@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

The one I picked up from my buddy whenever they want to do something colossally stupid or otherwise unwise is “you can certainly try.” When they hear that they always stop in their tracks and consider how badly they want to do it lol

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Pretty big barrier to entry with how long the episodes are so I get it. They’re fun to put on in the background but then sometimes I miss key things. Matt is an amazing DM but I think some of the more edited dnd content is a better viewing/listening experience.

• sammytheman666@ttrpg.network
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

Yeah. I tried episode 1, but for me there are too many players. I enjoy smaller tables. 4 is the sweet spot player wise. But I did enjoyed the animated series

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Yeah that is a tough place to start. It only lasts for a few episodes so you could power through but if you can’t take it then you could also just skip ahead and read a summary. Those early episodes aren’t super plot critical or anything.