Handmade noodles and tofu veggie wontons. Took me too much time but it was worth it! Broth had peanut butter, sesame oil, and soy sauce.

Edit: Here are the recipes I got each soup item from:

1. Noodles - only used the noodle recipe
  2. Broth - added and subtracted items because I didn’t have all the ingredients from the recipe
  3. Wonton filling - I used the filling recipe for this one. If you don’t have time for making your own wrappers, wontons are fine too. I recommend a pastry brush to help apply the water on the edges for sealing.

~50 wontons took me 3-4 hours to make. The noodles takes 2.5 hours and the broth takes about 5 minutes of prep.

• mishellaneous @lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

That broth recipe looks amazing!!! Must admit I’ve not come across adding milk to miso soup before … Is it necessary? Is it because of the peanut butter? Thanks for posting the recipe/s

• marin@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I didn’t add milk to the one in the photo but I do remember it going well with all the combination of ingredients. In my opinion, the milk complements the savory soup. You can choose to add or subtract items from the recipes. Cooking has always been a fun experiment c:

• spicysoup@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I make a ton of ramen and just Asian inspired noodle soups and soy milk is a common addition to a miso or a vegan tonkotsu type broth. like when i make a spicy miso ramen i usually do a simple dashi with miso and then in the bottom of my bowl mix up sesame paste, unsweetened plant milk, spicy chili stuff and a dash of tamari. I know you were asking me but i just wanted to share that yeah adding plant milks to noodle soup broth can really take it to the next level sometimes!

• mishellaneous @lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Thank you!!! I’ll have to give it a go. I like the idea of mixing the sesame paste, tamari and plant milk seperately… I’ve usually just done the simple Dashi, and then adding miso as you described. I appreciate you sharing what you do!