hello im new here i came from reddit to lemm.ee to find a great community and make new friends so i hope this transition from reddit to lemm.ee goes good hehe ^^

• Zathras@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Welcome! This is a great instance, but don’t forget to check out communities on all instances. I start by viewing by all, and then when you find a community you like, subscribe to it. Sometimes there are duplicate communities on different servers. You can subscribe to all/both and the widdle down the ones that are most active or the ones you prefer to participate in. Once you got a good set of communities that you are subscribed to it is easier to avoid the things you don’t want to see.

Generally people are very friendly if you have questions. You can attempt to look for an answer to your question that may already have been posted in various communities or posts, but at the moment it is a bit difficult to search for individual questions amongst the entire federation and various instances.

Try out one of the apps. I am an android user and prefer Sync, Connect, and Voyager. iOS has Memmy and a few others I am not familiar with. I find it easier to maneuver around Lemmy with an app but the default browser UI works just as well.

Enjoy!

• YugiohMaster88@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

thank you _ im a linux user and a fan of free and open source software and when i saw that lemmy was a alternative to reddit i got rid of my reddit account and came over to lemmy ^^

• Hardeehar@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

You are in good company here. I feel that Lemmy has adopted every damn Linux user on the planet, lol.

I haven’t been this pressured into using Linux since living with my parents. My father is quite the power user for decades and all the jargon and humor here he appreciates.

• Traumkaempfer@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Although I agree with you because of the reference, in this case, participation is also important. A meaningful first comment usually starts quite a bit more interactions and improves the communities.